Caprac ® -R Well/Wipe Counter
Greater Value and Versatility for Wipe Testing & Well Counting
When upgrading from a single channel analyzer, the CAPRAC-R Well Counter/Wipe Counter is the obvious choice. This unit offers speed, accuracy and the complete range of features found in systems costing significantly more. The CAPRAC-R Well/Wipe Counter is a compact system that performs well counting functions, such as patient tests and wipes in as little as 6 seconds. The 6 channel pulse-height analyzer with energy discrimination gives excellent counting definition and flexibility using aremote NaI crystal detector and easy-to-follow menu-driven programs.
For both large and small Nuclear Medicine Departments, the CAPRAC-R is the perfect system for wipe testing and performing the well counting tests done in your department. The CAPRAC-R performs autocalibration and system QC, while providing you with a selection of counting periods: from 6 to 1800 seconds. More flexibility than a single channel, less expensive than a multi-channel; no other well counter delivers value such as background subtraction in manual or automatic modes.
Permanent hard copy records of all data and photon energy histograms can be obtained using an optional CAPRAC printer by Epson. Patient tests are calculated and printed, giving full information of all counting information plus the formulas used. CAPRAC-R is the system to meet the needs of Well Counting and Wipe Testing for your department while offering the value required in today’s environment.
- Meets all state and NRC wipe test requirements
- Well Counter functions include Schilling Test,Dicopac ®, Blood Volume plus Wipe Test
- Easy to use and read
- Automatic Energy Calibration and Background Subtraction
- Prints out hard copy reports of all data for permanent records with the optional printer
- Direct readouts are in cpm, dpm, Curies or Bequerel with gamma histograms
- Offers 6 channel pulse-height analyzer for energy discrimination and preliminary isotope identification
- Detector: 3.8 cm (1.5") by 4.4 cm (1.75") NaI well crystal
- Well Dimensions: Diameter 1.7 cm (.67"), Depth 3.8cm (1.5")
- Measurement Periods: 6, 20, 60, 180, 600, and 1800sec.
- Energy Discrimination: Fixed range MCA, channel thresholds set at 15, 100, 200, 400, 660, and 800 keV
- System Test/ Self-Diagnosis Programs: Daily test by standard source (Cs-137 or Ba-133) data and programmemory confirmation.
- Power: 115 VAC 0.1A (90-130 V) 50/60 Hz220 VAC, 0.05A (180-250 V) 50/60 Hz
- Size and Weight:
Counter: Width: 18.4 cm (7.25") - Deep: 29.2 cm (11.5") - High: 11.1 cm (4.38") - Weight: 2.4 kg (5.4 lb.)
CAPRAC Well: Diameter: 7.6 cm (3") - Height: 25.4 cm (10") - Weight: 10.2 kg (22.5 lb.)
- Counting Channels:
1 = 15-100 keV
2 = 100-200 keV
3 = 200-400 keV
4 = 400-660 keV
5 = 660-800 keV
6 = >800 keV
Sources: Cs-137 or BA-133 (optional)
- Maximum count rate 60,000cps
5430-3098 CAPRAC-R Well/Wipe Counter
5430-0058 Epson Roll Printer
5430-3102 2" x 2" Crystal and 1" Shielding OPT
0975-137R Cs-137 Rod Source 0.5µCi
0975-138S Ba-133 Rod Source 0.1µCi