Video Display Luminance Calibration Verification and Tracking, and Acceptance Testing Software
- Color dual mode Pod works with both color CRTs and LCDs
- Calibrates luminance to conform with the DICOM Part 14 Grayscale Standard Display Function
- Allows the luminance pod to be taken from PC to PC (no additional licenses required)
- Lets you display patterns for testing luminance uniformity, geometric linearity and focus
- Is available for either serial port or USB connections; grayscale or color
- Brings video display calibration to LCD users with the same CRT photometer
- Runs on Intel PCs using Microsoft ® Windows 98, NT 4.0, 2000 and XP operating systems
- Adjusts color temperature to desired level
- Tracks white and black levels, chromaticity coordinates, and correlated color temperature over time
- Executes on CRTs and various LCDs
VeriLUM is an innovative tool for ensuring consistent video display performance. It provides an easy and efficient way to judge whether a video display system in continuing to function normally or needs adjustment or replacement. VeriLUM can be used for acceptance testing of a video display system. It also provides a quick visual check for the user. A SMPTE test pattern is displayed on each video monitor. If the gray scale range and stability is adequate and if all of the monitors have essentially the same look-and-feel, then the videosystem is ready for use.
VeriLUM makes a rapid set of measurements of the display luminance for tracking consistent performance over time. These measurements take less than 30 seconds per monitor and the history chart can be printed when hard copy documentation is needed.
VeriLUM can be used to perform gamma correction in conformance with the DICOM Part 14 Gray Scale Standard Display Function or any other user-defined luminance response model. VeriLUM provides on-board gamma correction Luminance Repeatability: +/- 0.5% using BARCO/Metheus, and DOME gray scale Video boards. If the operating system is Microsoft Windows 95 or Microsoft Windows 98, and if the color video card supports downloadable gamma ramps, then VeriLUM wil use that capability.
VeriLUM software can be instaled on as many workstations as desired; no additional licenses are required. This alows the VeriLUM luminance pod to be taken from workstation to workstation to perform measurements. The VeriLUM 26 luminance pod uses a serial communications port on the PC, thus a simple extension cable (provided) alows for simple connection.
VeriLUM requires an Intel PC; Microsoft Windows 95, 98, or NT 4.0 Operating System, and a video card capable of 1024 x 768 pixels with a minimum of 256 colors or a gray scale video board.
VeriLUM Luminance Pod Specifications
- Calibration: Traceable to a National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) source.
- Luminance Accuracy: +/- 4%
- Luminance Range: 0.05 to 450 cd/sqm
- Weight: 2 lbs (.91 kg)
0695-0060 VeriLUM Video Display Kit Color Dual Mode