The Pro-CT MINI phantom is a compact CT image quality testing solution. When connected with Pro-CT Dose it may be used for carrying out acceptance and constancy tests of computed tomography systems according to IEC 61223-3-5 and the AAPM (American Association of Physicists in Medicine) guidelines.
This phantom consists of a module 16cm in diameter with positioning aids and recesses for test modules.
When used Pro-CT Dose the phantom can be used to do the following tests:
- Geometric distortion
- CT number (HU) measurement
- Noise / Uniformity
- Spatial resolution
- Contrast resolution
- Low contrast resolution)
- Slice profile
Technical data (can be modified to customer specifications):
- main module:
- diameter: 160mm
- thickness: 30mm
- 9 recesses for test inserts allow the customized placement of test objects in space
- markings for easy and accurate positioning in the CT scanner
- set of holes on a given depth for testing geometry, distortions and slice position.
- screws and extra plugs for mounting the module on any Pro-CT Dose phantom
- standard test inserts
- 5 contrast resolution inserts containing rods made from different materials: LDPE, PTFE, POM-C, air, plastic water equivalent. Diameters of rods in each insert are: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14mm
- 4 high contrast resolution inserts containing 11 aluminium test elements for spatial resolution evaluation from 1 to 11 LP/cm
- 2 geometry modules containing two pairs of aluminium wire ramps whose slope angle tangent is equal to 0.5.
- Linear Spread Function (LSF) insert - PTFE / PMMA interface
- Point Spread Function (PSF) insert - 0.25 mm tungsten steel wire in air
- optional inserts (04-404)
- 3 low contrast inserts containing rods with a diameter: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14mm. The contrast difference between the rods and the surrounding material are 0.3, 0.6 and 1%.
- 3 high contrast resolution inserts containing 19 aluminium test elements for spatial resolution evaluation from 12 to 30 LP/cm
- Carrying case
- complies with:
– IEC 61223-3-5
– IEC 61223-2-6
- AAPM guidelines
- CE certified
- the Manual provides detailed guidelines for carrying out each test, results assessment and registration
Pro-CT Mini - 04-403