Captus® 700t Thyroid Uptake System
With the Captus® 700t Thyroid Uptake System, performing thyroid uptake measurements has never been easier with the new color touch screen interface. The software program provides fast, dedicated modules for Thyroid Uptake, Wipe Tests, Bio-Assay, Schilling Test, Blood Volume, and RBC Survival.
QA is fully automated for calibration, Constancy, Chi Square, MDA and resolution functions are all easy to perform. System calibration is simple and automatic on the Captus® 700 with the use of Cs-137. Eu-152 can be used for enhanced point to point spectral energy calibration.
The Multi-Channel Analyzer is very user friendly. ROI’s can be selected from a convenient menu of isotopes with pre-defined regions, or, the user can manually define them. Results are reported with full spectrum counts and counts by region of interest. All results can be saved on the instrument.
In this module, multiple TU protocols can be established utilizing I-123, I-131 or Tc-99m. The protocols can use a standard capsule method or allow the system to perform an automatic decay correction to the administered dose. The system will store detailed patient demographics, physician data and administered dose data. There is no limit to the number of uptakes that can be performed, and the results will be reported with detailed count information and automatic percentage uptake calculations.
- Quality Assurance Section includes zero adjust, automatic gain adjust, calibrator detector resolution, chi-square, constancy, MDA, automatic efficiency calculation and storage.
- Thyroid Uptake Section allows entry of patient demographics and procedure protocol. The standard may be measured at each uptake or automatically decay-corrected by the software. The number of uptakes performed on patients is user-defined with the software calculating each uptake and storing that information on the instrument or printing it out in report form.
- Wipe Testing is state-of-the-art and with a simple menu-driven format. The system will perform a peak search on each wipe identifying any contamination by peak and by nuclide. The user decides how many wipe locations are entered; there are no location limits. Trigger levels may be selected on a user-specified limit set to flag wipes above a specific activity level. Wipes may be grouped by location type.
- The Blood Volume section offers both I-125 and Cr-51 methods with step-by-step guidance through the counting procedure and automatic calculation of the results.
- Red Blood Cell Survival is an added feature.
- Bioassay for Staff allows counting of personnel with only one neck count. Staff records, as with other test results, are maintained and archived on the instrument and/or through printed records.
- 8” VGA LCD Color Touch Screen Display
- Detector: 2” x 2” shielded NaI (TI) crystal with standard or optional Pediatric/Bioassay collimator
- Well Detector: Drilled well 2”x2” NaI (TI)
1: Well Diameter: 1.6 cm max (5/8”) x Depth: 4 cm (1 1/2”) x Lead: 2.5 cm (1”)
2: Well Diameter: 1.6 cm max (5/8”) x Depth: 4 cm (1 1/2”) x Lead: 5* cm (2”) * (Lined with brass to minimize backscatter)
- Multichannel Analyzer: 512 Channels; Automatic self-calibration; Linearity - within 2% full scale; Differential Linearity - 2% SD; A to D conversion time - 10 microseconds; Low Energy Discrimination Level - 16 KeV, 4 Channels (whichever is greater); ROI - Automatic or Manual (ROIs can be saved); Background subtraction and mean energy calculation via curve fittings; Maximum Count Rate - 100,000 counts per second (Real Time); Linear Display - Automatic/Manual
- Nuclide Data: Touch Screen Menu Driven Keys; Over 90 Nuclides in Memory (major gamma-ray energies and intensities, half-life)
- Utilities: System Setup; Data Entries (Wipe Test locations, Staff Bioassay Data, Nuclear Data, etc.); Staff Bioassay Report Generation; Multichannel Analysis (MCA)
- Diagnostics and Tests: Full system self-diagnostics including all program and data memories; Comprehensive test programs include automatic Chi-Squared, MDA and FWHM.
- Printer: Color Inkjet; Print results of studies including color graphic displays
- Thyroid Uptake Stand: Rugged floor stand with spring arm and shelves; Heavy duty locking casters; Base designed to hold Well Detector
- Power Requirements: Standard: 115V .25A 90-127V 50-60Hz; Optional: 220V .125A 180-250V 50-60HZ (With circuit protections, line filter and isolation transformer)
5430-3137 Captus® 700t Thyroid Uptake System
5430-3138 Captus® 700t Thyroid Uptake System with Well
5430-0069 Optional Well Detector with 2” Lead Shield